Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Gross Armrests

Slobber, snot, Papa John's garlic sauce, apple juice..all of it's gross on the armrest of your couch. I love our kids so much. They are messy. I am clumsy and also drop things (including food) a lot. We love our house and we LIVE in our house. So we make messes in our house, and sometimes on the furniture. We typically eat at the table, but food is certainly allowed in the living room, so it gets dirty. If you keep your furniture spotless I am seriously so proud of you. It is just not the case here. The cushion covers of our couch and love seat zip off and I wash them in the washing machine about once a month. The arm rests are a different story. 
Gross.
I have used upholstery spray cleaner before and it did a good job. This time I just sprayed stain pre treater on there. This is what we had:
Spray the entire area. It will leave a ring if you just spray a small section.
Use a damp washcloth and work it into the fabric. Scrub extra gross areas a couple of times.
The next morning:
If you have some delicate fabric or your furniture has no pattern, I would be super careful cleaning it. Ours fits neither of those categories, and it cleans our armrests very well. 
A slipcover is also a nice choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment