Monday, November 30, 2015

Christmas Fun - Part One

Hi everybody! I've been MIA for a little bit enjoying Thanksgiving with family and friends, but I'm back and excited to share some Christmastime fun ideas!

I love decorating for Christmas {all seasons, really} but I am a "wait until after Thanksgiving" gal because I love fall décor, too. Well, it's the last day of November and even though it is dreary and rainy and yucky outside, we are getting the inside all ready for the holidays! I will share some of our traditions and fun things we like to do, as well as a few other decorative ideas.

Today I'm showing how I hung our stockings...with care.
I removed our fall decorations and dusted the mantle really well. I let it dry.
Our mantle is sort of thick, so the typical wreath hangers don't really hang low enough over the side to be helpful. The thought of a child intentionally {child 3} or unintentionally {child 1 and child 2} pulling on a stocking and the holder falling down on them also makes me uneasy.
I use Command Strips. I chose clear so they don't stand out too much.
Peel the backing off the wall side and press it down into the mantle really well where you want your stocking to hang.
I spaced my three out evenly and then peeled the other side off and pressed the plastic hook down really well on top.
There they are, hanging nicely and no one will be injured if one gets pulled down. I always add a few things to the mantle, so the hooks will be covered up eventually.
I got the Command hooks at Kroger, but you can find them most anywhere. That pack had 6 hooks and 12 strips, costing $6.
Our stockings are from L.L.Bean.
There are lots of cute ideas for hanging stockings if you don't have a mantle, or prefer them hung elsewhere. I hung ours on a coat rack one year. I think hanging them on the staircase would be so cute. Here are some great ideas!
 
 

Stay tuned for more fun and festive holiday ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment