Thursday, December 3, 2015

Christmas Fun - Part Three

Christmas Wish Lists
 
 
Our kids are like most and love all sorts of toys. We are like most parents and know they don't need tons of toys. But, it's Christmas, so we do like to treat our little ones to an exciting Christmas morning! For the past couple of years, we have been making simple Christmas Wish Lists. I usually just print one on my computer. Here is where I got the idea: Christmas List Printable. The list typically has four categories {I Want, I Need, I'll Wear, I'll Read}.
 
I love the idea of keeping what they ask for to a minimum. This makes them really think about what they really would like and then anything extra can be a surprise from Santa, or from Mom and Dad.
 
I usually put the letter in an envelope once it's filled out, then stick it in the mailbox addressed to Santa. I always get the letter out of the mailbox and put it into each child's keepsake box to look at in the future, before the mail actually runs. I also take a picture of the lists to store on my shutterfly account, in case something ever happened to their boxes. Needless to say, the kids are not allowed to look through their boxes until they get older :).

It is so fun to get a glimpse into little ones' heads and live vicariously through them, especially at Christmas!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment