Friday, March 25, 2016

Welcome Spring! Weed Killer

I have been MIA for quite a while now! Oh well.
I'm back again and sharing my super secret {obviously not!} homemade weed killer just in time for the dandelions to take over. 
Of course I found this on Pinterest and it is one of the 1647 things I have tried that actually works. I knew I was going to need quite a bit of this, so I mixed it in a separate container and then poured it into my spray bottle. The soap does bubble up quite a bit, so keep that in mind.

Recipe:
2 cups white vinegar
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon dish soap
I try to save old spray bottles for things like this, so that's what the Resolve bottle is all about. Also my kids love to spray water out of them in the summer. Endless entertainment. Any spray bottle will do the trick. Even if you just have a bowl, you can pour the liquid into the weeds. Do be careful, though, because this will kill grass and anything else it touches, so don't get it near something you don't want dead! It helps speed the process to spray it on a sunny day.
Exhibit A
(Weeds before)
(After)
Exhibit B
Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment