Friday, June 3, 2016

Bathroom towel bar

I love to revive or restore something I found for cheap (or even better, for free). I picked this shelf up at a thrift store (75¢) and I decided that I could change it a little and definitely put it to use. At first, I spray painted it with some bronze paint that I already had, and it was immediately looking much better.
I knew I wanted it to go in our upstairs bathroom, but we were doing some work in there, so I put it aside for a few weeks.
Once the bathroom was repainted and ready, I decided I wanted it to be chrome to match the other fixtures. I just spray painted it again. Again, I already had that spray paint, but it usually costs about $5 for a can. Then I picked up a small bottle of white craft chalk paint at WalMart ($3) and lightly painted the wood shelf. I have already used that paint on two other projects! 

I bought the glass bowl at the Dollar Tree, already had the moss, and got the succulent at WalMart at the same time as the paint ($1.77). 
It love it! It is a great alternative to a traditional towel rack and I can display a couple of pretty things while keeping the countertop from getting too cluttered. Pretty and functional. And cheap! That is my kind of project.

No comments:

Post a Comment