Friday, January 8, 2016

More smart storage

Yesterday I wrote about my desk area (I forgot to mention that it is in our bedroom), and I am sharing today about where some other things are stored in our bedroom. We got this big 5 drawer bookshelf from Target several years ago. I think it was way too expensive for how cheap it actually is made, but we are still using it anyway and it stores lots of our books and other things.
The box on the left came from Target a few years ago. It stores our important papers, and I will share all about that next time. My tiny little weights that I lift occasionally are also on that shelf.
Most importantly, we have a specific shelf to store our Bibles and Bible class materials. With little ones, it is sometimes hard to keep up with binders and Bibles and make sure we aren't going to class unprepared. Since we were having a hard time keeping up with everyone's books,  I decided to make a specific shelf just for that. We pull out the kids' class work often and make sure to go over their Bible verses frequently, and we all talk about what the other is studying in class. I am amazed at the effort our Bible class teachers put into teaching these children. They learn so much, and the studies are not shallow, which I love. I appreciate so much how our children are getting from their weekly Bible classes, but it is our job to really teach them about God and the Bible at home. Having God's word in a spot that is easily accessible will encourage us to open it more often and learn more and more!
This shelf also holds most of our old lessons from Bible classes and some spiritual books. I am also going to post a copy of the kids' Bible verses on the back of that shelf so we can all learn them together. I keep a copy on the fridge, but that will be a great spot, too.

Our Bibles, learning about God and having a great relationship with Him are the most important things in our home. Any way we can be better at those things is worth the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment